Our Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) believes in the power of a multidisciplinary approach to the intervention, investigation, and prosecution of child abuse cases. The CAC professional staff works together as a team with representatives from many disciplines, including child protective services, law enforcement, medical personnel, mental health professionals, juvenile probation, our county attorneys and the district attorney to provide justice and healing for child victims.
We do this by;
· Providing a neutral, child-friendly location for facilitation investigations and forensic interviews for child abuse victims. For more information regarding forensic interviews, click here.
· Providing a central location for partner agencies to meet with non-offending family members to gain statements or additional information.
· Assist with coordinating investigative efforts by serving as a liaison between partner agencies.
· Conduct ‘court school’ for the victim and non-offending family members.
· Provide court accompaniment and other justice support to victims and non-offending family members.
· Offer medical and mental health referrals.
· Act as a referral agency for the needs of the child victim and non-offending family.
Excellence is achieved by caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible. ~Unknown